Monday 10 December 2012

Senki Japanese Restaurant | ThumbsForFood

Hello! I'm back with another Japanese buffet after Irodori [: This is one place that I have been to several times before & I really like it for its location and affordable price! With so many Japanese buffet restaurants popping up, it has become more convenient to have it spontaneously. Booking is not required most of the time as walk-in seats are available!

Recently, I also had a chance to try Shin Yuu Japanese Restaurant which was really awesome. Await our post on it!

After trying so many different Japanese buffets, I would say that all of them have pretty much the same variety. What will then make the difference between one that I will return to and one that I will not return to? Of course, it is the quality of the food! Senki has over 100 different kinds of variety for its buffet. Good spread. However, I felt that the sashimi was not really fresh except the swordfish sashimi (I ate a lot of that). Towards the later part of the night, the salmon sashimi was really bad. One additional point to note is that Green Tea is not included in the buffet which was a great disappointment.

The Nasu-miso was pretty good though. The plus point to Senki is that they have many nice cooked dishes. The Ebi Tempura is also up to the standards!


Potato salad

Mixed Sashimi Platter

Nasu-miso (Fried Eggplant with Miso sauce)

Spicy Spider Maki

Swordfish and Salmon Sashimi

Ebi Tempura
Overall, I think that Senki serves an average fare of Japanese food. They also have an Ala-carte menu if you are not a buffet fanatic! For the same price range, I would prefer Irodori to this definitely.

The buffet is at $30++ for lunch and $33++ for dinner. On eve of public holidays and public holidays, the buffet is at $39++.

Our ratings of Senki: 6.5/10

Senki Japanese Restaurant 
109 Killiney Road
Tel: 67345565

Opening Hours:
Mon-Sun: 1130-230(Lunch), 1800-2230(Dinner)

Cheers,
Z

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you own such a fascinating site, on this one! Also I am so excited to ask you one thing that I am curious of. Is it a premium theme that you purchase or you turned to a regular one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, are you referring to the theme of the blog? It is the regular theme available in blogger. But, we did some changes to the layout!

    ReplyDelete